Nydalen accommodation strives to be a Responsible Business
Taking responsibility for the environment and local community has been an important part of the broader commitment of the Rezidor Hotel Group to sustainable development for many years. In 2001, this commitment was fortified and placed within the scope of a programme called Responsible Business (RB). Each hotel has a unique RB Action Plan covering areas such as community outreach, environmental improvement, employee well-being and health and safety.
The hotels are engaged with both local charity groups and the corporate international charity organisation recognised by the Rezidor Hotel Group, the World Childhood Foundation. The mission of the Foundation is to defend the rights of the child and to promote better living conditions for vulnerable and exploited children at risk all over the world.
RB activities and achievements of this hotel:
- All employees of at the hotel receive Responsible Business training.
- As a recipient of the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, the hotel continually reviews the criteria specified to uphold this honour. The Swan is the official Nordic ecolabel introduced by the Nordic Council of Ministers to demonstrate that a product is a good environmental choice.
- In cooperation with local schools, Norberg Skole (high school) and the Norwegian School of Management, the hotel offers presentations about the hospitality industry. The hotel contributes exam questions for students who aim for a career in the hospitality industry. Students from Norberg Skole often enroll in an apprenticeship programme at the hotel.
- The hotel donates all lost-and-found items older than three months to the Salvation Army.
- The hotel sponsors Ruben Chito and his family in Ecuador through PLAN-Norge (a non-profit organisation). Established in more than 50 countries, PLAN strives to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children in developing countries through a process that unites people across cultures.